My childhood of nightly family dinners and perpetual rejection at middle school dances has me convinced that a traditional reception is not for me (kidding!).
Instead, we’re treating our family to a big ‘ole dinner (and requisite cocktails) after our ceremony. I’m calling it our “Celebration Dinner,” as it will definitely be a celebration. But, like everything else, we’re relying on word of mouth and the internets to help us find a good place to eat.
We’ve got a good idea of what we’re looking for:
- a private room, or at least semi-private
- a diverse menu
- preferably an emphasis on local and organic fare
- a decent vegetarian selection (for my hippie mom)
- a great wine and cocktail list
- bonus points for looking swanky
We’ve got a few places on our radar, and we’ll be giving these places a “trial run” during our upcoming trip to Asheville. If that’s not a good excuse to wine and dine ourselves, I don’t know what is!